The Powerball jackpot for Wednesday’s lottery drawing jumped to an estimated $66.5 million with a cash option of $38.6 million, according to the official Powerball website.
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Wednesday, August 17, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 08/17/22
There was no winner of the $66.5 million Powerball jackpot for the August 17th drawing, but there were 315,864 lottery ticket-holders who did win prizes ranging from $4 to $100 thousand in cash for this drawing across the United States! The next drawing on August 20th will be worth $80 million with a cash option of $46.4 million.
Powerball is an extremely popular worldwide lottery, played in 45 US states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands! Powerball drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Sales cut-off times vary by one to two hours before the drawing, depending on the selling jurisdiction. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball.
Here we’ve got the most up-to-date information on the Powerball lottery results to help you determine if you’ve won a cash prize.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, August 17, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||6||$50,000||$300,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||330||$100||$33,000|
|2/5 + Powerball||7,616||$7||$53,312|
|1/5 + Powerball||59,688||$4||$238,752|
|0/5 + Powerball||149,460||$4||$597,840|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, August 17, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||1||$100,000||$100,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||140||$200||$28,000|
|2/5 + Powerball||2,839||$14||$39,746|
|1/5 + Powerball||23,468||$8||$187,744|
|0/5 + Powerball||59,109||$8||$472,872|
Odds of winning Powerball
Getting rich is a numbers game. The probability of hitting the Powerball jackpot is 292,201,338 to 1. A player who buys a $2 ticket has about a 1 in 11,688,053 chance to match five numbers and win at least $1 million, while the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning the third prize of at least $50,000.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.