The Powerball jackpot for Wednesday’s lottery drawing jumped to an estimated $100.6 million with a cash option of $57 million, according to the official Powerball website.
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Wednesday, August 24, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 08/24/22
The Powerball jackpot reached the estimated amount of $115 million, despite the fact that not one person matched all six numbers in Wednesday’s drawing. A total of 336,376 tickets were purchased, with some lucky individuals able to claim money ranging from $4 to $2 million!
While there was no grand prize winner, one player matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. That ticket was sold in Michigan. However, that player did not play the Power Play option which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
The player in Connecticut played the Power Play option which led to an additional $1 million being added to their winnings of $2 million.
Powerball is an extremely popular worldwide lottery, played in 45 US states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands! Powerball drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Sales cut-off times vary by one to two hours before the drawing, depending on the selling jurisdiction. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball.
Here we’ve got the most up-to-date information on the Powerball lottery results to help you determine if you’ve won a cash prize.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, August 24, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||5||$50,000||$250,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||436||$100||$43,600|
|2/5 + Powerball||8,938||$7||$62,566|
|1/5 + Powerball||67,403||$4||$269,612|
|0/5 + Powerball||160,147||$4||$640,588|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, August 24, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||3||$200,000||$600,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||134||$400||$53,600|
|2/5 + Powerball||3,067||$28||$85,876|
|1/5 + Powerball||23,818||$16||$381,088|
|0/5 + Powerball||57,164||$16||$914,624|
Odds of winning Powerball
Approximately 1 in every 24.87 lottery tickets sold are winners. The likelihood of winning the jackpot is 1 in 292,201,338. Approximately 10 people a year who buy Powerball tickets end up becoming millionaires. Players win a prize by matching one of the 9 Ways to Win.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.