The Powerball jackpot for the Wednesday, December 21st drawing was estimated at $170.5 million with a cash option of $91.8 million, according to the Powerball official website.
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Wednesday, December 21, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
The Double Play feature gives players in select areas of the United States another chance to match their Powerball numbers in a separate drawing. The Double Play drawing is held after the regular drawing and has a top cash prize of $10 million.
Did anyone win the powerball? – 12/21/22
On Thursday, December 22nd, there was no Powerball jackpot winner. Therefore, the Powerball jackpot will be worth $186 million, and its cash value will be $100.1 million on Saturday, December 24th. Besides that we saw 401,679 total tickets win prizes ranging from $4 to $50 thousand!
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. The Powerball is played in 45 states, and in Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball lottery. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 per play.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, December 21, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||6||$50,000||$300,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||534||$100||$53,400|
|2/5 + Powerball||10,720||$7||$75,040|
|1/5 + Powerball||81,211||$4||$324,844|
|0/5 + Powerball||190,522||$4||$762,088|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, December 21, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||0||$100,000||$0|
|3/5 + Powerball||190||$200||$38,000|
|2/5 + Powerball||3,799||$14||$53,186|
|1/5 + Powerball||28,638||$8||$229,104|
|0/5 + Powerball||67,326||$8||$538,608|
What are the odds of winning?
Getting rich is a numbers game. The probability of hitting the Powerball jackpot is 292,201,338 to 1. A player who buys a $2 ticket has about a 1 in 11,688,053 chance to match five numbers and win at least $1 million, while the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning the third prize of at least $50,000.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.