The jackpot for Saturday’s Powerball lottery was an estimated $576.5 million with a cash option of $309.4 million, according to the Powerball official website.
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, January 28, 2023
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 01/28/23
Powerball has just raised the stakes! The jackpot is now worth $613 million because nobody matched all 6 winning numbers, which were drawn on Saturday, January 28th. Of course, there was still a big bag of cash to be given out, so 1,354,854 ticket holders will each receive between $4 and $2 million respectively, depending on how many of their numbers are rowed in with the winning numbers.
While there was no grand prize winner, three players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Pennsylvania, Missouri and New York.
One lucky player in Texas was able to benefit from one of the Power Play features, which made the game more exciting and determined that this winner would take home $2 million too!
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. The Powerball is played in 45 states, and in Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball lottery. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 per play.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, January 28, 2023
|4/5 + Powerball||29||$50,000||$1,450,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||2,047||$100||$204,700|
|2/5 + Powerball||39,921||$7||$279,447|
|1/5 + Powerball||293,108||$4||$1,172,432|
|0/5 + Powerball||679,704||$4||$2,718,816|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, January 28, 2023
|4/5 + Powerball||9||$200,000||$1,800,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||528||$400||$211,200|
|2/5 + Powerball||10,995||$28||$307,860|
|1/5 + Powerball||78,229||$16||$1,251,664|
|0/5 + Powerball||179,885||$16||$2,878,160|
What are the odds of winning?
Getting rich is a numbers game. The probability of hitting the Powerball jackpot is 292,201,338 to 1. A player who buys a $2 ticket has about a 1 in 11,688,053 chance to match five numbers and win at least $1 million, while the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning the third prize of at least $50,000.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.