The Powerball jackpot for Saturday’s lottery drawing jumped to an estimated $77.1 million with a cash option of $41.5 million, according to the official Powerball website.
The Powerball Numbers for Saturday, March 18, 2023
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 03/18/23
The Powerball jackpot reached the estimated amount of $86 million, despite the fact that not one person matched all six numbers in Saturday’s drawing. A total of 510,992 tickets were purchased, with some lucky individuals able to claim money ranging from $4 to $1 million!
One lucky winner from New York matched the five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. The ticket holder also had a choice of playing the Power Play option, but unfortunately for this player, they decided not to. Using Power Play would have ensured a grand prize.
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. The Powerball is played in 45 states, and in Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball lottery. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 per play.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, March 18, 2023
|4/5 + Powerball||13||$50,000||$650,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||593||$100||$59,300|
|2/5 + Powerball||12,853||$7||$89,971|
|1/5 + Powerball||99,642||$4||$398,568|
|0/5 + Powerball||245,424||$4||$981,696|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, March 18, 2023
|4/5 + Powerball||2||$100,000||$200,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||208||$200||$41,600|
|2/5 + Powerball||4,719||$14||$66,066|
|1/5 + Powerball||36,852||$8||$294,816|
|0/5 + Powerball||91,052||$8||$728,416|
What are the odds of winning?
There is a one in 292,201,338 chance of hitting the Powerball jackpot. For comparison, the odds of being struck by lightning are 1 in 960,000 and those of dying from a dog related incident are 1 in 150,500. If that’s not enough odds for you, this American lottery has higher chances than ever before. The probability of winning at least $1 million is approximately 1 in 11,688,053 and the likelihood of scoring third prize awards amount of $50,000 is around 913,129 to 1.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.