The Powerball jackpot for the Wednesday, March 22nd drawing was estimated at $96.9 million with a cash option of $52.2 million, according to the Powerball official website.
The Powerball Numbers for Wednesday, March 22, 2023
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
The Double Play feature launched on August 23, 2021. It gives players who aren’t lucky enough to win the big jackpot at least another shot at winning some prize money. The Double Play drawing follows the main Powerball drawing and has no cap on its cash prize, which can reach up to $10 million if you get all six numbers right.
Did anyone win the powerball? – 03/22/23
The Powerball jackpot has hit the $112 million dollar mark. There was no winner of the $96.9 million dollar jackpot for the drawing that took place on Wednesday, Mar 22, but there were 361,025 winning tickets and prizes ranging from $4 to $1 million made up for all the non-winners!
Although there wasn’t a grand prize winner, one player from West Virginia matched five of the white numbers to win $1 million. That player did not take advantage of the Power Play option, so they received $1 million instead of $2 million.
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. The Powerball is played in 45 states, and in Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball lottery. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 per play.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, March 22, 2023
|4/5 + Powerball||10||$50,000||$500,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||402||$100||$40,200|
|2/5 + Powerball||8,625||$7||$60,375|
|1/5 + Powerball||70,498||$4||$281,992|
|0/5 + Powerball||172,141||$4||$688,564|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, March 22, 2023
|4/5 + Powerball||2||$100,000||$200,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||144||$200||$28,800|
|2/5 + Powerball||3,281||$14||$45,934|
|1/5 + Powerball||26,684||$8||$213,472|
|0/5 + Powerball||65,858||$8||$526,864|
Odds of winning Powerball
The odds of hitting the Powerball jackpot are 292,201,338 to 1. A player who buys a $2 ticket has about a 1 in 11,688,053 chance to match five numbers and win at least $1 million, while the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning the third prize of at least $50,000.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.