The Powerball jackpot for Saturday’s lottery drawing jumped to an estimated $388.6 million with a cash option of $199.1 million, according to the official Powerball website.
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, October 8, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 10/08/22
Powerball has just raised the stakes! The jackpot is now worth $401 million because nobody matched all 6 winning numbers, which were drawn on Saturday, October 8th. Of course, there was still a big bag of cash to be given out, so 794,175 ticket holders will each receive between $4 and $1 million respectively, depending on how many of their numbers are rowed in with the winning numbers.
Although there wasn’t a grand prize winner, one player from New York matched five of the white numbers to win $1 million. That player did not take advantage of the Power Play option, so they received $1 million instead of $2 million.
Powerball is an extremely popular worldwide lottery, played in 45 US states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands! Powerball drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Sales cut-off times vary by one to two hours before the drawing, depending on the selling jurisdiction. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball.
Here we’ve got the most up-to-date information on the Powerball lottery results to help you determine if you’ve won a cash prize.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, October 8, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||16||$50,000||$800,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||929||$100||$92,900|
|2/5 + Powerball||19,595||$7||$137,165|
|1/5 + Powerball||159,038||$4||$636,152|
|0/5 + Powerball||412,724||$4||$1,650,896|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, October 8, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||2||$100,000||$200,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||257||$200||$51,400|
|2/5 + Powerball||5,452||$14||$76,328|
|1/5 + Powerball||45,494||$8||$363,952|
|0/5 + Powerball||120,773||$8||$966,184|
What are the odds of winning?
Approximately 1 in every 24.87 lottery tickets sold are winners. The likelihood of winning the jackpot is 1 in 292,201,338. Approximately 10 people a year who buy Powerball tickets end up becoming millionaires. Players win a prize by matching one of the 9 Ways to Win.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.