The Powerball jackpot for the Monday, September 18th drawing was estimated at $638.9 million with a cash option of $304.7 million, according to the Powerball official website.
The Powerball Numbers for Monday, September 18, 2023
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 09/18/23
The Powerball jackpot has hit the $672 million dollar mark. There was no winner of the $638.9 million dollar jackpot for the drawing that took place on Monday, Sep 18, but there were 905,538 winning tickets and prizes ranging from $4 to $1 million made up for all the non-winners!
Although there wasn’t a grand prize winner, one player from matched five of the white numbers to win $1 million. That player did not take advantage of the Power Play option, so they received $1 million instead of $2 million.
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. The Powerball is played in 45 states, and in Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball lottery. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 per play.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Monday, September 18, 2023
|4/5 + Powerball||17||$50,000||$850,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||1,171||$100||$117,100|
|2/5 + Powerball||25,609||$7||$179,263|
|1/5 + Powerball||191,638||$4||$766,552|
|0/5 + Powerball||456,148||$4||$1,824,592|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Monday, September 18, 2023
|4/5 + Powerball||3||$150,000||$450,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||334||$300||$100,200|
|2/5 + Powerball||7,347||$21||$154,287|
|1/5 + Powerball||54,967||$12||$659,604|
|0/5 + Powerball||129,974||$12||$1,559,688|
Odds of winning Powerball
Getting rich is a numbers game. The probability of hitting the Powerball jackpot is 292,201,338 to 1. A player who buys a $2 ticket has about a 1 in 11,688,053 chance to match five numbers and win at least $1 million, while the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning the third prize of at least $50,000.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.