The Powerball jackpot for the Saturday, September 3rd drawing was estimated at $150.9 million with a cash option of $83.3 million, according to the Powerball official website.
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, September 3, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 09/03/22
On Sunday, September 4th, there was no Powerball jackpot winner. Therefore, the Powerball jackpot will be worth $159 million, and its cash value will be $87.7 million on Monday, September 5th. Besides that we saw 543,409 total tickets win prizes ranging from $4 to $100 thousand!
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. The Powerball is played in 45 states, and in Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball lottery. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 per play.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, September 3, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||13||$50,000||$650,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||598||$100||$59,800|
|2/5 + Powerball||14,182||$7||$99,274|
|1/5 + Powerball||109,454||$4||$437,816|
|0/5 + Powerball||267,107||$4||$1,068,428|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, September 3, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||3||$100,000||$300,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||207||$200||$41,400|
|2/5 + Powerball||4,709||$14||$65,926|
|1/5 + Powerball||36,263||$8||$290,104|
|0/5 + Powerball||90,034||$8||$720,272|
What are the odds of winning?
The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot stand at 292,201,338 to 1. If a player were to purchase a $2 ticket there is roughly an 11,688,053 probability they would match five out of the required numbers and win at least $1 million. Meanwhile, if we draw from nine sets of numbers and the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning even a small prize such as $50K but still a pretty decent return for just buying one single Powerball ticket.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.