The jackpot for Monday’s Powerball lottery was an estimated $26.4 million with a cash option of $15.3 million, according to the Powerball official website.
The Powerball Numbers for Monday, July 4, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 07/04/22
Powerball has just raised the stakes! The jackpot is now worth $35 million because nobody matched all 6 winning numbers, which were drawn on Monday, July 4th. Of course, there was still a big bag of cash to be given out, so 234,263 ticket holders will each receive between $4 and $1 million respectively, depending on how many of their numbers are rowed in with the winning numbers.
One lucky winner from New Mexico matched the five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. The ticket holder also had a choice of playing the Power Play option, but unfortunately for this player, they decided not to. Using Power Play would have ensured a grand prize.
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. The Powerball is played in 45 states, and in Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball lottery. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 per play.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Monday, July 4, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||2||$50,000||$100,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||336||$100||$33,600|
|2/5 + Powerball||6,557||$7||$45,899|
|1/5 + Powerball||46,854||$4||$187,416|
|0/5 + Powerball||108,558||$4||$434,232|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Monday, July 4, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||3||$100,000||$300,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||120||$200||$24,000|
|2/5 + Powerball||2,401||$14||$33,614|
|1/5 + Powerball||18,087||$8||$144,696|
|0/5 + Powerball||41,548||$8||$332,384|
Odds of winning Powerball
Getting rich is a numbers game. The probability of hitting the Powerball jackpot is 292,201,338 to 1. A player who buys a $2 ticket has about a 1 in 11,688,053 chance to match five numbers and win at least $1 million, while the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning the third prize of at least $50,000.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.