The jackpot for Saturday’s Powerball lottery was an estimated $49.8 million with a cash option of $28.3 million, according to the Powerball official website.
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, July 9, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
The Double Play feature gives players in select areas of the United States another chance to match their Powerball numbers in a separate drawing. The Double Play drawing is held after the regular drawing and has a top cash prize of $10 million.
Did anyone win the powerball? – 07/09/22
Powerball has just raised the stakes! The jackpot is now worth $56 million because nobody matched all 6 winning numbers, which were drawn on Saturday, July 9th. Of course, there was still a big bag of cash to be given out, so 446,227 ticket holders will each receive between $4 and $150 thousand respectively, depending on how many of their numbers are rowed in with the winning numbers.
Powerball is played in 45 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands! People play it by using either a quick pick or by choosing up to 9 numbers between 1 and 69.
Powerball Lottery drawings happen every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday starting at 10:59 p.m Eastern Time (ET). You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Here you can find the most up-to-date information about the Powerball results and learn precisely how to correctly determine whether or not you might have won.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, July 9, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||9||$50,000||$450,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||544||$100||$54,400|
|2/5 + Powerball||11,099||$7||$77,693|
|1/5 + Powerball||87,877||$4||$351,508|
|0/5 + Powerball||215,526||$4||$862,104|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Saturday, July 9, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||1||$150,000||$150,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||198||$300||$59,400|
|2/5 + Powerball||3,961||$21||$83,181|
|1/5 + Powerball||31,069||$12||$372,828|
|0/5 + Powerball||77,111||$12||$925,332|
Odds of winning Powerball
Getting rich is a numbers game. The probability of hitting the Powerball jackpot is 292,201,338 to 1. A player who buys a $2 ticket has about a 1 in 11,688,053 chance to match five numbers and win at least $1 million, while the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning the third prize of at least $50,000.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.