The Powerball jackpot for Wednesday’s lottery drawing jumped to an estimated $247.5 million with a cash option of $158 million, according to the official Powerball website.
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Wednesday, April 6, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 04/06/22
There was no winner of the $247.5 million Powerball jackpot for the April 6th drawing, but there were 535,185 lottery ticket-holders who did win prizes ranging from $4 to $150 thousand in cash for this drawing across the United States! The next drawing on April 9th will be worth $268 million with a cash option of $171.1 million.
Powerball is played in 45 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands! People play it by using either a quick pick or by choosing up to 9 numbers between 1 and 69.
Powerball Lottery drawings happen every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday starting at 10:59 p.m Eastern Time (ET). You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Here you can find the most up-to-date information about the Powerball results and learn precisely how to correctly determine whether or not you might have won.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, April 6, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||10||$50,000||$500,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||659||$100||$65,900|
|2/5 + Powerball||14,134||$7||$98,938|
|1/5 + Powerball||110,623||$4||$442,492|
|0/5 + Powerball||269,722||$4||$1,078,888|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, April 6, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||4||$150,000||$600,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||177||$300||$53,100|
|2/5 + Powerball||4,253||$21||$89,313|
|1/5 + Powerball||32,893||$12||$394,716|
|0/5 + Powerball||81,614||$12||$979,368|
Odds of winning Powerball
Getting rich is a numbers game. The probability of hitting the Powerball jackpot is 292,201,338 to 1. A player who buys a $2 ticket has about a 1 in 11,688,053 chance to match five numbers and win at least $1 million, while the odds are 913,129 to 1 of winning the third prize of at least $50,000.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.