The jackpot for Wednesday’s Powerball lottery was an estimated $206.9 million with a cash option of $122.36 million, according to the Powerball official website.
The Powerball Numbers for Wednesday, August 3, 2022
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
Did anyone win the powerball? – 08/03/22
A single ticket sold in Pennsylvania will walk away with the nearly $206.9 million Powerball jackpot after matching all six numbers in Wednesday night’s drawing. The winner will also have the option of choosing the cash option of $122.36 million.
Powerball is an extremely popular worldwide lottery, played in 45 US states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands! Powerball drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Sales cut-off times vary by one to two hours before the drawing, depending on the selling jurisdiction. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball.
Here we’ve got the most up-to-date information on the Powerball lottery results to help you determine if you’ve won a cash prize.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, August 3, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||13||$50,000||$650,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||655||$100||$65,500|
|2/5 + Powerball||15,050||$7||$105,350|
|1/5 + Powerball||119,804||$4||$479,216|
|0/5 + Powerball||289,483||$4||$1,157,932|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, August 3, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||5||$100,000||$500,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||239||$200||$47,800|
|2/5 + Powerball||5,002||$14||$70,028|
|1/5 + Powerball||40,220||$8||$321,760|
|0/5 + Powerball||96,532||$8||$772,256|
What are the odds of winning?
There is a one in 292,201,338 chance of hitting the Powerball jackpot. For comparison, the odds of being struck by lightning are 1 in 960,000 and those of dying from a dog related incident are 1 in 150,500. If that’s not enough odds for you, this American lottery has higher chances than ever before. The probability of winning at least $1 million is approximately 1 in 11,688,053 and the likelihood of scoring third prize awards amount of $50,000 is around 913,129 to 1.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.