The jackpot for Wednesday’s Powerball lottery was an estimated $167 million with a cash option of $109 million, according to the Powerball official website.
The Powerball Numbers for Wednesday, Mar. 23, 2022:
|Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Powerball||Power Play||Estimated Jackpot|
Powerball Double Play Winning Numbers
|Draw Date||Double Play Results||Powerball||Estimated Jackpot|
The Double Play feature gives players in select areas of the United States another chance to match their Powerball numbers in a separate drawing. The Double Play drawing is held after the regular drawing and has a top cash prize of $10 million.
Did anyone win the powerball? – 03/23/22
The Powerball jackpot has hit the $181 million dollar mark. There was no winner of the $167 million dollar jackpot for the drawing that took place on Wednesday, Mar 23, but there were 429,328 winning tickets and prizes ranging from $4 to $1 million made up for all the non-winners!
One lucky winner from Pennsylvania matched the five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. The ticket holder also had a choice of playing the Power Play option, but unfortunately for this player, they decided not to. Using Power Play would have ensured a grand prize.
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. The Powerball is played in 45 states, and in Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play the Powerball lottery. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 per play.
The Double Play add-on feature is available for purchase in 13 lottery jurisdictions: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington DC.
Powerball Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, March 23, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||9||$50,000||$450,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||509||$100||$50,900|
|2/5 + Powerball||11,068||$7||$77,476|
|1/5 + Powerball||86,049||$4||$344,196|
|0/5 + Powerball||210,990||$4||$843,960|
Power Play Prize Payouts and Total Number of Winners – Wednesday, March 23, 2022
|4/5 + Powerball||1||$100,000||$100,000|
|3/5 + Powerball||172||$200||$34,400|
|2/5 + Powerball||3,609||$14||$50,526|
|1/5 + Powerball||28,772||$8||$230,176|
|0/5 + Powerball||70,797||$8||$566,376|
Odds of winning Powerball
Approximately 1 in every 24.87 lottery tickets sold are winners. The likelihood of winning the jackpot is 1 in 292,201,338. Approximately 10 people a year who buy Powerball tickets end up becoming millionaires. Players win a prize by matching one of the 9 Ways to Win.
How to play Powerball
- Select five random numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a quick pick or by using the powerball play slip. Play slips are available at local lottery retailers.
- Choose the number of times you’d like to play. Each ticket costs $2 per lottery game draw. Powerball can be played up to twelve times (four weeks in advance).
- Select the Power Play® feature (an additional $1 per play per draw) for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check your lottery ticket for errors before you hand it over to the retailer. Lottery tickets are non-refundable.
- Receive, sign and protect a ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips may not be valid for prizes.